Sauteed Garlic Mushrooms
Looking for an easy side dish for your holiday table? These sauteed garlic mushrooms cook in no time but taste like they've been roasting all day.
- 16 oz baby bella mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 3 garlic gloves, peeled and finely chopped You can use a microplane, grater or garlic press to chop the garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp black pepper freshly cracked if possible
Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium high heat. Once hot add olive oil to the pan.
Add the mushrooms to the pan in an even layer. Allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes without stirring. You can casually flip on over to see if it's getting golden brown. Once they're golden brown on one side, stir them around, flatten them out in an even layer and allow them to cook for another 2-3 minutes without flipping.
Add the chopped garlic and stir, allow it to cook for another minute. Add the salt, pepper, parsley and red pepper flakes to the pan. Stir and turn off the heat. Enjoy!
- Be sure to listen to my top 3 tips for cooking mushrooms perfectly in the post