Cheesy Rosemary Polenta
This cheesy polenta is a hearty side dish perfect for cold fall and winter nights. It's creamy, garlicky and studded with ever fragrant rosemary.
- 1 tube pre-cooked polenta (18 oz)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup coconut milk You can use any milk you like, but I like the flavor and creaminess coconut milk adds
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, vegetable broth or water Broth has more flavor but if you don't have any water works just fine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh chopped rosemary, stem removed
- 1/4 tsp black pepper fresh cracked is better
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cheddar or gruyere cheese
Heat your saucepan to medium heat. Once hot, add olive and garlic to the pan. Let the garlic cook for 30 seconds, gently stirring it.
Add the polenta to the pan and use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to break the polenta up into small bits. Pour in the coconut milk and broth to the polenta while stirring in a circular motion. The lumps should melt away as you stir.
Reduce the heat to low. Add the salt, rosemary, black pepper, red pepper flakes and cheese to the polenta. Keep stirring in a circular motion constantly until the polenta is smooth and the cheese is fully melted. Turn the heat off and cover the pot until you're ready to eat. Enjoy!