Easy Double Berry Crumble
This double berry crumble is a healthy berry crisp packed with blueberries and cherries. It's the perfect, no-fuss summer dessert. You can even use frozen berries to make it!
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries I used Wyman's brand frozen blueberries, they're from Maine, so they're small and super sweet
- 3/4 cup dark sweet cherries, chopped in quarters You can use fresh or frozen berries. If you use fresh be sure to remove the cherry pits
- 1 1/12 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup white wheat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled or old fashioned oats I wouldn't recommend using quick oats because they don't provide the right texture
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinammon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- zest 1 lemon zest only, no juice
- 1 1/2 tbs maple syrup
Scoop the berry filling into your ramekins or other ceramic/glass dishes. Top with equal amounts of the crumble in an even layer.
Bake the crumbles for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on the top. Enjoy!
- The recipe fills 2 small ramekins as dessert for two, but you can use the converter tool in the recipe itself to change quantities.
- You can opt to make this in one big dish instead of smaller ramekins. I'd recommend changing the quantity to 6 or 8 servings for a 9 inch pie dish (depending on how deep the dish is).