Fresh Corn and Zucchini Salad
This easy corn and zucchini salad is a light and healthy summer side dish. It adds a pop of color and sweetness to any meal. It can also be used as dip or as a topping for nachos!
- 3 cobs fresh corn, kernels removed You could use 2 cups of frozen corn instead
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup zucchini, diced I like you use baby zucchini because they're seedless
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 jalepeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
Clean the corn (tips in post) and cut the kernels off the cob. Heat a pan to medium high heat. Add the kernels to the pan with 1 tsp of olive oil, 2 tbs of water and a pinch of salt. Cover and steam for 5-7 minutes until tender.
Add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to a mason jar. Shake for 30 seconds until it forms a dressing consistency.
Add zucchini to the warm cooked corn. Toss until evenly distributed. Pour the vinaigrette on the corn and zucchini, toss and enjoy!