Chunky Avocado Salsa with Plantain Chips
This chunky avocado salsa recipe is the perfect tropical snack or appetizer for any occasion. Think of it as a cross between tomato salsa, guacamole and pico de gallo. Yum!
- 1 haas avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sized tomato, diced I like the tomatoes on the vine
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped I look for sweet or Spanish onions
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lime, juice only Alternatively, you could use 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch black pepper
- 20-30 plantain chips Look for baked chips if you can find them, I get them from Trader Joe's
Place the chopped onions in a bowl with the lime juice. Let it sit for 5 minutes; the citrus from the lime juice will "cook" the onions so that they're less strong.
Add the avocado, tomato, jalapeño, olive oil, salt and pepper to onions. Stir until combined. Serve with plantain chips for dipping. Enjoy!
- I like to use tomatoes on the vine because they're sweeter and that balances out the lime juice
- Look for sweet or Spanish onions
- Instead of lime, you could use the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Look for baked chips if you can find them; I get my plantain chips from Trader Joe's
Calories: 115kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 373mg | Potassium: 226mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 450IU | Vitamin C: 49.5mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.3mg