Purple Cabbage, Apple and Mint Slaw
This quick Purple Cabbage, Apple and Mint Slaw makes the perfect summer side dish or a bright and healthy base for a dinner salad.
- 3 cups shredded purple cabbage I buy a head of cabbage and use a mandoline to slice it evenly
- 1 green apple, sliced in strips
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 haas avocado peeled, seeded and sliced
Add purple cabbage, apple, mint, scallion, lemon juice, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to a large sealable plastic or glass container. Close and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
Top with sliced avocado when you're ready to serve. Enjoy!