I’m so excited that you’re here!
You’re probably wondering why the blog is called Bright Roots Kitchen, right? Well, I wanted to create a blog that included all my favorite food fundamentals: colorful ingredients, flavors from my Caribbean roots and fresh from the ground foods (that’s right, “Roots” is serving double duty here!). Growing up, I was the weird kid in the family who loved eating veggies. You could easily catch me saying “Grandma, can I have more okra?!”.
That isn’t to say that this is a vegan or vegetarian blog, it’s not, BUT I want to shine a bright light on food that is good for you that also tastes great! I’ll of course showcase some indulgent foods too (we’re human after all!).
Most importantly though, I want my readers to be excited to eat all components of the meal, for well-balanced plates and lives. In addition to recipes, I’ll post occasional healthy living and eating tips and tricks.
Here are some great recipes to get you started on your flavorful healthy eating journey:
- Easy Blueberry Overnight Oats– Refined Sugar Free, Dairy Free and Vegan
- Fluffy Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes– Refined Sugar Free and Dairy Free
- Spiced Baked Turkey Meatballs– Uses lean meat, wheat pita and uses grated vegetables as binder in the meatballs instead of breadcrumbs
- Chicken Tostadas with Chipotle Guacamole– Baked (not fried) tostadas, lean chicken breast and fresh, homemade spicy guacamole
- Garlicky Spaghetti with Roasted Tomatoes– Swaps regular pasta for brown rice spaghetti, completely vegan and totally TASTY!
- Easy Sheet Pan Lemon Harissa Baked Shrimp– Baked shrimp, fresh herbs and recommendations for vegetable side dishes
- Apple Cobbler with Oat Topping– Uses fruit as a sweetener instead of sugar plus it’s topped with fluffy coconut milk cream instead of whipped heavy cream
- Spicy Chocolate Avocado Mousse Cups– This one is dairy free, gluten free, refined sugar free and uses avocados in place of milk and cream! P.S. you can’t taste the difference.
Thanks for reading and l appreciate your interest in Bright Roots Kitchen!