These frittata muffins are a 20 minute baked egg dish perfect for breakfast on the go or afternoon snacks. They’re dairy free and packed with protein and veggies too!
Frittata is a great way to get rid of leftovers or veggies on their last leg.
On fridge clean out day I find ghosts of last Monday trying to pass for kale or tomatoes. It’s hard to throw things out though, so I try to throw them into something instead.
This dairy free frittata is made with mushrooms, red peppers, kale and sweet potato but you can use any veggies you like. I’ve used zucchini instead of kale in the past and it was equally delicious.
Feel free to sprinkle on your favorite cheeses too. Dairy isn’t my friend (whomp whomp), but go to town if it’s yours.
If you’re trying to go dairy free and don’t know where to start, read How to live your best dairy free life for easy tips!
Fun Fact: Lactose-free milk tastes just like regular milk, so give it a try if you struggle with dairy. Also, most cheddar is naturally lactose-free, so try cheddar if you need a salty, dairy fix.
You can also use a plant based milk like almond or cashew milk in this recipe, so that you have a fully dairy free frittata if you are vegetarian
I really like making dairy free frittata muffins because they cook a lot faster than a typical frittata. They’re also cute and easy to eat on the go.
I heat them up for 30 seconds in the morning because my teeth are super sensitive and would probably turn to dust if I bite directly into something cold (sad but true haha!), but you can definitely enjoy these cold too.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest, share it on Instagram and let me know what you think in the comments!
Dairy Free Frittata MuffinsRate this Recipe:
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice I recommend almond milk or lactose free 2% milk
- 1 large sweet potato Bake it in the microwave
- 1 cup kale, finely chopped Remove tough stalk/rib in each kale leaf
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme fresh or dried, your choice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- cooking spray this is just the spray the muffin baking tray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a fork to poke holes in the sweet potato. Wrap in paper towel and microwave on the baked potato setting. Set aside to cool once baked. Peel off the skin and chop into small chunks.
- On medium high heat add olive oil to a saucepan. Add mushrooms, red peppers and kale, salt and pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, milk, smoked paprika, thyme, salt and pepper together until evenly mixed. Add sauteed vegetables and sweet potato to egg mixture. Stir together gently.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour egg mixture into each muffin cup. Bake 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Enjoy!
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to see how it turned out! Snap a picture and tag @brightrootskitchen or use #brightrootskitchen on Insta.