This dark chocolate bark is a low carb snack to curb your dessert cravings. Skip the heavy cake and opt for this delicious bark instead. It’s topped with pistachios and ginger for texture and zip!
So there is this common misconception that people who love to cook must enjoy baking. I’m here to dispel that myth for you. I like to cook because I can just throw things in a pot and taste as I go. Baking is far more calculated, math heavy and regimented. Despite all the accounting classes I took in college, I don’t want to do math when I’m in the kitchen.
Because of this, I like to make desserts that make me feel like I’m cooking. This dark chocolate bark is perfect for that. Chop up all your favorite nuts and sweet toppings, sprinkle them on melted chocolate, pop in the fridge. Eat, enjoy, repeat!
I topped this dark chocolate with some of my favorites: walnuts, pistachios, coconut chips and candied ginger. To class it up a bit I did a gourmet sprinkle of sea salt, a la salt bae. This makes for a great sharing snack….though it goes a lot further if you save it all for yourself! Wink, wink!
- 6.5 oz dark chocolate
- 1/8 cup uncrystallized candied ginger thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/8 cup pistachios roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes or chips
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Melt dark chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Pour chocolate onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Top chocolate with ginger, walnut, pistachios, coconut flakes and sea salt. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until chocolate has hardened. Chop into big chunks with a large knife. Enjoy.