This 5 wonder sauce is a citrus and garlic vinaigrette that makes any meat or veggies taste delicious! If you have 5 minutes and a mason jar, then you have the perfect condiment to spice up any meal.
So this week you’re getting a bonus, surprise recipe you need in your life.
What’s in the sauce?
This 5 minute wonder sauce is actually a citrus and garlic vinaigrette. I call it a wonder sauce because you can literally pour in on a shoe and make it taste good.
It’s the perfect condiment to keep in your fridge next to the ketchup and mustard. The great thing about this vinaigrette is that the flavor intensifies the longer it sits in the the fridge.
Ways to use this citrus sauce
You can also customize it to your liking. If you add extra olive oil, you can thicken it up and use it as a quick salad dressing. You can alternatively use it as is on top of any grilled meats or veggies you like.
I’ve drizzled this on baked fish, grilled steak, grilled chicken, broiled eggplant and baked sweet potatoes…tasted great on all of them!
It’ll keep in the fridge for 2 weeks, but it never lasts that long in our house.
This 5 minute wonder sauce is a topping for the recipe later this week too, so stay tuned for that. In the meantime, whip this vinaigrette up and start drizzling it on everything!
- 1 large orange juice only
- 2 limes juice only
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 jalepeno (seeds removed) finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Place all of the ingredients in a mason jar. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds to 1 minute until everything is combined. Enjoy!
- If you don't like cilantro, just double up on parsley
- If you don't have any mason jars, save your glass jam or condiment jars, wash them out and use them instead. I always reuse glass jars!
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to see how it turned out! Snap a picture and tag @brightrootskitchen or use #brightrootskitchen on Insta.